27th September 2011, 07:15 PM #1Special Member
Senior PosterJoin Date : Jan 2011Location : Testing..Mobile : Nokia N8-00 v14.002 PR1.2Posts : 6,062Thanks: 2,671
- Thanked 1,010 Times in 685 PostsRep Power : 15Reputation : (2731)
[How to] Install New Apps/CODs Using BBSAK
Many times we download a new app for our BB onto our desktop PC or we need to install some updated CODs to fix an issue with BB. There are a couple of ways to get the new app or cods onto our BB using BBSAK.
IF YOU ONLY HAVE THE .COD FILES
1. Connect your device to your PC
2. Open BBSAK, You should see the following:
3. If your device is password protected enter your password, otherwise press OK
4. Click on the "Modify CODs" Tab
5. Click on the "Install COD(s)" Button
WARNING! - THERE IS NO UNDO AFTER YOU COMPLETE THESE NEXT COUPLE STEPS
6. An explorer window will pop up and you need to locate the .cod that you want to install to your device
7. Select the file and choose "Open"
8. The file will install to your device. Once complete, a notification will pop up and let you know that it is done and your device will reboot (if it does not reboot, force a reboot by pulling out the battery).
*** DO NOT UNPLUG YOUR DEVICE UNTIL THIS PROCESS IS COMPLETE***
*** If you need to install multiple .cods at one time you may highlight all the cods you wish to install at the same time using the Shift key on your PC.
You should use this method to install individual cods for apps or fixes (such as the three cods to fix Bedside Mode for the 1030 OS release
IF YOU HAVE THE .JAD and the .CODs FILES
The next method is if you downloaded a JAD file to your PC instead of sending it to your BB OTA (which is easier). Once again open BBSAK, click on the tab 'Modify CODs', and select 'Install JAD'. Once again you will be asked to navigate to the folder containing the JAD with associated CODs (note that you will only see the JAD file, but the CODs must be in the same folder), click on the JAD to be installed and select Open. Once again let BBSAK do the rest.Mobile_Guru Reviewed by Mobile_Guru on . [How to] Install New Apps/CODs Using BBSAK Many times we download a new app for our BB onto our desktop PC or we need to install some updated CODs to fix an issue with BB. There are a couple of ways to get the new app or cods onto our BB using BBSAK. IF YOU ONLY HAVE THE .COD FILES 1. Connect your device to your PC 2. Open BBSAK, You should see the following: http://www.bbtweaks.com/BlackBerry/Tutorials/BBSAK%20-%20Pushing_cods/BBSAK1.bmp Rating: 5
Users Browsing this Thread
There Are Currently 1 Users Browsing This Thread. (0 Members and 1 Guests)
By iron man9 in forum Android General Discussions,Request & HelpReplies: 7Last Post: 9th August 2013, 11:05 AM
By whateverfor in forum Blackberry Tips & TutorialReplies: 0Last Post: 5th April 2013, 03:32 PM
By Xcode in forum XMLReplies: 0Last Post: 17th March 2013, 04:53 PM
By HPR in forum Developing & Hacking for Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 22nd February 2013, 07:55 PM
By R@me$h in forum webOS | Palm ApplicationsReplies: 0Last Post: 24th October 2011, 02:47 PM